The following is a work of fiction. Any resemblance to persons living or dead is purely coincidental.
If you belive this crap.

Monday 3 January 2011

The quickest way to receive love is to give; the fastest way to lose love is to hold it too tightly; and the best way to keep love is to give it wings.

The quickest way to recieve love is to give.
It's soo true.
I can prove it with an example of sending my christmas cards to people. The day they recieved them was one of the most beautiful days.
I was just shopping with my mum and sister, when my phone rang. I took it out of my pocket and - guess who called me - my ex sports teacher! He said he was really surprised when he got my card, and he said: "when i got that little envelope to the hands, some tiny voice in my head whispered your name. but then i said to myself - 'yeah right, and why would she write to me? it's not her, probably.' but then i opened it and - surprise surprise - there was your signature on the card." he sounded really happy to get that card, and i'm so glad i sent it to him too, because we really get on well. we chatted a little and said we'll gonna hear again. eventhough it's maybe one of the promises that never come true because of millions of excuses, it was really nice to talk to him and to hear him being so nicely surprised.
then, when i was just trying on the 1000000000th sweater, my phone rang again. message. it was from one of my very good girlfriends, she wrote "really thanks for that really nice card. now i see it was worth making them form the beginning of december :)". not much later, two new messages. one from my friend, ex-schoolmate, with whom i danced at the prom and we began to talk to eachother a bit more only that time, but eventhough we became quite good friends and we always stop and have a chat when we meet on the street. and another message was from him. i can't help but my heart still start beating louder when i see his name. he wrote "wow, how someone tired to make a new year card ... i really have to invite her for a drink ...". haha! give love, recieve love. and, no, i didn't write that thing about the cacao on his card, i decided i won't bug him with those things - after all, also sending him a new year's card means he means something to me. so it's on him to decide whether accept it or not. then, when i came home, i found three new notifications on facebook, three of my girlfriends thanking me for my cards. and after a few days, i got an e-mail from one of my ex-language teachers, saying "a long time something hasn't delighted me so much as your little letter". wow, that just made my day too!
Give - recieve. it's true :)
i was just a little bit upset because i didn't get any response from my best friend from primary school. neither about the card, nor as a congratulation for new year. i really miss her.

that writing reminded me of something some acquaintance once told me (he's a chinese and really into meditation and buddhism and enlightement and so on):
“Form is emptiness, emptiness is form; Form does not differ from emptiness, emptiness does not differ from form... no five senses... no illusion, no fear... Buddhisvaha” - Heart Sutra

My shallow interpretation: "Selfish is Altruistic, Altruistic is Selfish; Selfish does not differ from Altruistic, Altruistic does not differ from Selfish"

I love other as much as myself, because I know the good deeds for sure will come back to me. That is very selfish thought but at the same time it is altruistic, you can't tell if that is selfish nor altruistic, it melt and merge in one, like the harmony Yin/Yan. Then you enter the state of emptiness, Satori. 

If you be nice to people, they will be nice to you.

and it's true.

No comments:

Post a Comment